Monday, January 26, 2009

Christmas

If I had to give this Christmas a theme I would call it our geewyuers and Star Wars Christmas. Yes you may be wondering what a geewyuer is...well that kind of goes hand in hand with Star Wars. I don't know if 2 is too young to be obsessed with Star Wars, but Ethan doesn't seem to think so. It had him at yoda. Now in Star Wars there is a plethora of space type guns and they all make a particular sound that goes something like geew geew geew (just imagine Ethan doing the sound- or many who read this may have heard the sound firsthand.) So from his first viewing of Star Wars on everything that shoots or fires things is called a geewyuer (yes that is the correct spelling.) Ethan also found one of Andrew's old Star Wars books and spent hours looking at it. He now knows every single characters name and whether they are a nice guy or a not nice guy - very important information it is.





Steph and Ryan helped feed the obsession with a Spudtrooper- that is a Mr. Potato Head that looks just like a Stormtrooper complete with his potato masher weapon (not quite a geewyuer because it doesn't shoot)


Hudson seemed a little confused with all the excitement- he kind of just looked around for the closest available toy and was happy with that..ahhh my sweet sweet little guy



Mia, Ethan, and Hudson all had matching monkey jammies...so so perfect for the little monkies they are




Now this is the geewyuer of all geewyuers.....Andrew and I decided we wanted to get him a little toy dart gun for Christmas, but once Andrew started looking he decided no normal little geewyuer would do. Actually we wanted to get one that would be kind of automatic so that Ethan could do it and once Andrew saw this one he couldn't take his mind off of it. And as you can see from Ethan's face here, it did not disappoint. The kid can barely hold it by himself, but that doesn't keep the smile off his face....I finally had to keep the geewyuer on a high shelf at home so that I didn't have to walk into each room and hide myself against a wall to keep from getting shot all day long.


Ok so this year I was also very very very impressed by myself (yes I'm being very humble about it I know). I made so many Christmas gifts it is silly. Yet I do not actually have photographic evidence of this fact.....we had another family camera die on us and we didn't get a new one until Christmas which means I gave away the gifts I made before I got a chance to take pics of them. But, here is what I made: a tutu (for Mia)- I totally wanted to wear it myself it was so cute with little flowers sewn on with beads in the middle, but alas my waistline does not match that of a 2 year old; four scarves (Ethan, Hudson, Halia, and Mia were the lucky recipients); two play aprons (Mia and Maddy); six frames (for the grandmas); two baby rag quilts (Wil and Baby Pace) and a few burp clothes to match; and a partridge in a pear tree (okay just kidding on that). And I must admit Charee really practically made one apron and one baby quilt in the time it took Shawna and I to figure out one apron- that girl is amazazing. Now I don't do this to boast at all, but this truly was an amazing accomplishment in my short life span....the last time I took up a sewing project was when I thought I could make my own prom dress (yes I know I'm laughing about now too) and cut a hole in it and my mom had to save the day........


For the end of this super long post I wanted to include some of my favorite activities from our vacation for our family- broom hockey, the kids taking their new big wheels to the church cultural hall to try them out, watching Kenny and then coming home and watching Kenny with Charee and Charles again just to see Charles' reaction to the movie, many many trips to Costco and Walmart, artichoke jalapeno dip, playing several different dice games, playing Scattergories with Steph and Ryan-I won't include my favorite answers, but Steph you know what they are, watching the Bourne series movies again, playing outside with the kiddies, all the Nerf guns lying around, Mia's little phrases like "in a minute," Hudson getting some new teeth, Ethan shooting a real gun for the first time, Andrew actually making the shot that Ryan bet he wouldn't (Andrew's still waiting for his milkshake), taking the kids swimming at the swim center, every single piece of food I ate- the steaks, the pancakes, the magic cookie bars, the cashew bars, the brownies, the chocolate turtles, I could go on and on, I am sure other things will come to me later, but until then that is a summary or our Christmas





3 comments:

Megan said...

I wonder how many kids got those same monkey pajamas for Christmas...Because our Andrew got some too!! Happy birthday to Hudson! Could he please teach Andrew how to walk?

Pacers said...

I totally forgot! I do owe Andrew a Milkshake. My milkshake will come to your yard. Don't forget though, that I had made some pretty good shots too! We need a "shootout"...double or nothing!

Nicole S said...

Sounds like a really fun Christmas. Not quite complete without alot of great food and sounds like it didn't disappoint. Maybe for your next birthday you can get some protective gear to shield you from the darts. Ethans face looked like he was in geewyuer heaven!