Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Last Vacation

So Andrew goes back to school in something like 9 days.....we're excited, but not excited. This means for the first few weeks he will be gone 2 weeknights and most of the weekend. Then it will go to just 2 weeknights each week. So in celebration/mourning we took a little trip to Grandma Joani's-well the main reason was to hang with the Grands, Steph, Ryan, Mia, Calvin, and Brady, but also to celebrate/mourn.

You would think with it being our last vacation before craziness and with the whole mild drama with our camera that I would take more pictures......nope- still haven't sincerely changed my ways on that just yet. I am severely intimidated by a camera. Is is completely ridiculous to even dream about having a personal family photographer.....you know someone to accompany us on every outing, every vacation, every important moment to just kind of hang back and take all the pictures for me? Okay I know it's ridiculous, but maybe if I was rich? No still ridiculous........*sigh* So here are a few highlight pics from our trip (that I took myself.)

Love those cute feet and the pigeon-toed, bow-legged walk.....I may be biased, but I think our little Hudson guy is so so so cute
Digging in anything seems to be a popular past time with the boys.....that and throwing rocks in water. They spent a lot of time doing those two things
Cute skinny guy- I swear I try to fatten him up- we went back to whole milk, but when he burns like 10,000 calories running around all day it's a little hard to ensure weight gain. Ethan and Hudson both loved zooming around on the jet skis-hence the all important life jacket. I thought Hudson would be the hesitant one, but he actually almost fell asleep on one ride. Ethan on the other hand was surprisingly nervous about the whole thing.

Swimming in Lake Topaz
Throwing rocks/sand/food at Lake Tahoe....by the way I have now decided that Lake Tahoe trumps Yellowstone. At least in the summer. I think I could spend all day everyday there during the summer......it's also the place where Andrew and I got engaged and spent part of our honeymoon so I guess the sentimental value sends it up the charts a little. But really absolutely gorgeous.
Other highlights:
- Catching Mia, Ethan, and Hudson running through the sprinklers on the front lawn just about every day
-Ethan and Mia downing what seemed like hundreds of suckers and otter pops
-Catching a Reno Aces game with Steph, Ryan, and Brady with the wardrobe malfunction of the season waiting to happen....don't ask.
-Late night games.....mormon bridge and greed....always Haws family get together must plays
-Tons and tons of amazing food- blueberries, strawberries, pancakes, steak, tacos, skittles, cookies, turkey sandwiches, red vines, ice cream, hot fudge.....yes I love food
-Hanging out at the beach and riding the jet skis
-Working on crosswords and figuring out word games with Steph
-Watching all of Grandma Joani's movies I loved when I was growing up- Sleeping Beauty, Hercules
-For Ethan- playing with Andrew and Brady's old Star Wars toys
-Watching Ethan and Mia play together- since they moved away they don't get to see each other very often
-Seeing cute Calvin
-Getting a very slight tan- I got the ever so slightest shade of brown which says an awful lot for me
-Burn Notice marathon- we didn't become Burn Notice fans until this trip, but now it has replaced 24 (until January) and our DVR is set to record every episode

2 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Sounds like you guys had loads of fun.

We're Burn Notice fans. Watched the finale last night. Can't wait for winter. But only for the show, I can leave all the other stuff that accompanies winter behind.

Nicole S said...

Looks like a fun vacation. What a way to end the summer fun.