
Ethan fell in love with Legos a little while back.....totally great by me. He loves his fire truck lego set. The little guy will spend hours sitting and building stuff- great! Now I know there is an "age suggestion" on all toys. Or at least I treat the age limit on them as a suggestion- is that bad? So the age on Legos I think is something like 3+. All along I thought this was to prevent accidental choking. But Hudson is way beyond the sticking stuff in his mouth stage. So I didn't think too much of letting him play with them along side Ethan.
Well apparently the age suggestion may also be to prevent legos getting stuck in noses. Something that had not occurred to me before........You know the saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." Sadly, the shame was on me this time. So Hudson decided to shove a lego up his nose- really. The first time I called the doctor and set up a time to bring him in, but was able to get the lego out myself. A couple days later- same lego, same nostril, same mischevious/unbothered look on Hudson's face. Although this time (last Friday) it was up much farther. I couldn't get it out.......our pediatrician couldn't get it out......finally 2 hours later the ear, nose, and throat specialist is able to get it out. So for now Ethan only gets Legos in a closed room by himself.......the problem is I can't keep everything from Hudson and the silly kiddo tries to stick everything in his nose and his ear......careful surveillance must be the answer.
3 comments:
LOL! Surprisingly my boys haven't done this. Fingers crossed that it stays that way. So far the only thing up the nose is a finger.
Shut up! I didn't know he did it again! Well at least he's too cute to be mad at!
You should definitely check it out! Go to www.visianinfo.com for more info. It was more expensive than lasik, but I went to 6 different consults and found the Dr. I was most satisfied with, who also happened to be the cheapest! Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions.
Post a Comment