Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Haws Boys

So it seems like it has been a whirlwind around our house lately - I really don't think I was aware of what households of boys are really like! So list style (once again) this is what the whirlwind has included with a ton of pictures:

- two melted sippee cups - I am still angry about it, but Ethan has had a fascination recently with sticking stuff in the oven when I am not watching. Yesterday it was two sippee cups (the only two that we have that don't leak liquid out of them). I went to make cookies and after the oven was preheated and smoke and a strange smell were coming out it I noticed an unrecognizable goop at the bottom of the oven. When I asked Ethan what he had put in the oven he said "my cups" as if that is what everyone sticks in an oven......

-this is how I found Hudson in his swing- just a few seconds before he had been playing with the toys, but I guess he just couldn't keep his eyes open any longer......he has fallen asleep the same way in his walker....Ethan and him both play until they absolutely cannot play anymore -Hudson's got the army crawl perfected and will not stop moving all day.....most of the day he follows me around army crawling everywhere I go and pulling on my ankles to pick him up

- too too cute - Hudson smiles ALL the time....I know I am biased, but Hudson truly is the most smiley baby I have ever seen

- These two pictures remind me far too much of how busy Ethan was at this same age -
- There is a perpetual battle over sleeping in our house with Ethan - he thinks he should never sleep, we think he should sleep.....this is how the standoff ended the other night.....we heard playing for a while, then quiet.....I went in to see if he had fallen asleep and couldn't find him on or under his bed....then as I was walking out to see if he had snuck out of his room unawares I realized that he had fallen asleep as shown here behind his basketball hoop on a stack of books
-This is an extremely rare find so it had to be documented.....I actually found Ethan sitting quietly in a chair with a book reading it to himself - thank you Dr. Seuss!!!!
-Maddy (Ethan's only cousin on the Jones side that lives far away) came to visit and we went to the "big swimming soup" (the Lehi pool)....they make the kids wear a swim diaper and a plastic diaper cover...the only ones we could find at the store were pink and size 3T so here is Ethan in all his big pink granny panty glory -Charee found some nice bright blue speedo style swim pants-The kids like the pool, but I think the lockers were the main attraction - Lastly Andrew has two other loves in his life - both are bikes- this is one of the others.....we kind of recently bought him this bike to commute to work on and so he has been riding 22 miles round trip three times a week and loves it, it scares me a little, but atleast it's not a motorcycle (yet!)

3 comments:

Pacers said...

Oh Candace, you must have so much fun with those three boys! I was laughing so hard at the sleeping pictures. I can't believe Ethan fell asleep on a stack of books behind the basketball hoop!!! I'm glad you got a picture of that one. I can't believe Ethan melted two sippy cups, what a nut. We sure miss the Haws' craziness.

Megan said...

You're totally not biased. Hudson is SOOOO smiley. What are you feeding him? And where do I get some? Ethan is a crack up. He's so creative!

Bigger Thomas said...

You should sell Andrew's bike for a motorcycle. Then he won't have cars passing right next to him at 55 mph.