Okay so I apologize ahead of time to any random guys who may happen to read this blog, but this is going to be clearly girl slanted. Don't get me wrong with this post, I like watching sports just as much as the next person....I can't even count the number of soccer, football, ping pong, foosball, softball, basketball, etc. games I have watched for or with Andrew in just the four years we have been married. I enjoyed watching them too (most of them) and tried hard to remember and relive the glory moments with Andrew after the games.....but seriously! Andrew along with several other guys will complain/whine about how girls always want to go through the details, excitements, craziness of childbirth, motherhood, or children, but how long do they seriously spend watching, analyzing, talking, blabbing, and lalalaling about a single game....so I watched the end of the Cowboys/Eagles game with Andrew and then watched sportcenter then spend another almost hour talking about the game. There is the usual rundown of the important stuff in the game, but then all the millions of random statistics like did you know that this guys is only the 2nd ever player to run 2 yards in 2 minutes in the 2nd game of his 2nd season and it's even more ridiculous in baseball- you practically need a degree in statistics to even know what the heck any of the statistics mean.......seriously Andrew can spend hours tracking and knowing all the stats on his fantasy football team, but do you think he could tell you how much either of our children weighed when they were born of at what time they were born? I admit that maybe those are not the most important things in the world to know, but are football stats any more important?
I would like everyone to know that Candace is the one asking all of the questions about the game which creates the lengthy and indepth dialogue concerning the finer moments of the sporting event. And furthermore lalalalalalalalaing is not a word. And this is heresy, ridiulousness, and just silly.
I was asking the interesting questions and I will add that they really had little to do with the game but more about how ridiculous the suit was that the owner of the Cowboys team was wearing......as you can see this was our first joint post and I think I made my point whether lalalaling is a word or not!
5 comments:
Hey Candace! It's Rachel Blaser. I found your blog thru Jilene's. How are u?! Your family is absolutely adorable. I can't believe you have two now! How time flys, huh? Do you get to stay home full time or are you working at all? Well, we just set up a blog so we should be able to keep in touch a little easier now. Our blog is http://brettandrachelblaser.blogspot.com/
So good to talk to you again! I miss everyone. It seems like it's been forever!!
I thinks its funny that a football game contains 1 hour of gameplay and an additional 3 hours of chitchat, instant replays and other man talk. Then once the game is over there is usually a talk show to talk about the game AGAIN! I'd like watching sports a lot more if there was less talk and filler.
Andrew... you should know by now that "lalalaing" is a word in the Jones girl dictionary. Come on, look it up :) In other news, my husband spends VERY little time watching sports so I know nothing of the sports "lalalaing." But he DOES love watching/listening to cable news and newstalk, so he does a lot of "lalalaing" about politics and the state of the country...
This was a great post. Very funny! Had to show Trent a few parts and he enjoyed it too!
Knowing Andrew in a "work" setting makes this post even better for me to read for some reason! By the way you have the cutest kids!!!
Post a Comment