Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Naughty Boys


So these little guys (in my biased opinion) are very cute......but lately very naughty. Yesterday included:
-Ethan hitting in preschool
-Ethan telling several kids the he "never ever will be their friend ever"
-Hudson hitting one kid over the head with a flashlight, hitting his cousin with a fork, hitting his brother, then hitting me when we upset him
-Hudson throwing a fit for 10 minutes when I informed him that we didn't have any milk or juice, but would have to have water instead
-Hudson at every single meal dumping the entire meal out of the bowl in his high chair to the floor below
-At least 4 trips by each to the time out corner
Now I expect a certain amount of naughtiness- they're kids, but I'm starting to get a mom complex. None of the other kids hit at preschool or around the playground. Most of the kids sit quietly and can focus on something for a while......my boys seem to struggle. We do timeout very consistently for bad behavior and have started a sticker chart for Ethan to earn a toy if he can go an entire day without a timeout, listen the 1st time, play nice with his friends, etc. But, am I missing something? I seriously have a complex that my boys are more naughty than all the rest..... and it's really embarrassing when your child is the only one that seems to struggle or is the rough one around.....any things that have worked for any moms out there? Or is this normal and am I freaking out over nothing?!

2 comments:

Megan said...

My personal opinion? It's a phase. Andrew is going through the same thing right now with the hitting and not being able to pay attention. I'm sure it's harder with both of them together, but I wouldn't worry.

Amy Jenks said...

Oh my goodness aren't they the CUTEST boys! Ethan looks just like Andrew and Hudson looks just like you. They have gotten so big.
I don't know what to tell you - every kid is so different. Also, we as moms tend to notice faults in our own kids well before we notice the faults of another kid. I bet the other kids were just as much at fault. I'm sure you'll know better than anyone how to discipline them when they need it. Pray about it - you can receive that kind of revelation as their mother (I'm sure you already are doing that, but just in case). Timeouts just don't work for some kids, unfortunately.
I'm sure your boys are just going through one of those phases. Boys will be boys - you know?