Thursday, April 8, 2010

Every Spare Moment

I realize I haven't blogged in quite some time. It just seems like every spare moment has been taken up recently.

With this little guy:


And this one who in this picture told me he was a Care Bear (hence the flower head/waistband which allows him to do the Care Bear stare) who transforms into a stormtrooper (facemask) to also fight back guys with a sword, lightsaber, and gun if necessary.


He has also decided recently that he is no longer a kid and has developed quite the teenage attitude which has lead to many interesting conversations and rather feisty remarks and preferences. Along with the teenage mentality he has decided to box any "little" kids out of "his space".....He hides most of his toys on the top bunk and takes the ladder down so that his stuff is out of reach. Most of the stuff is pretty heavy so I am not really sure how he got most of it up there.



Lastly, any spare time I have had after the boys go to sleep has been consumed with sewing projects for the new little guy. We have no name as of yet. Andrew developed a March Madness baby name bracket at work where all the names were submitted by co-workers. I think he thinks the baby's name will really be decided by the brackets. So we'll see what the outcome from that is- I'm more than a little nervous about that. There are some decent names, but don't worry there's also Lemonjello (pronounced Lahmonjahlo in case you're wondering) contending for the title. Melvin also made it into the bracket too- no surprises there. No real signs of baby coming soon (2 cm, 80% effaced, but let's be real you could be that for weeks). But sometime ago I decided to make a bunch of stuff.......it only took about 4 months, borrowing 3 different sewing machines, and taking out about 20 seams to get these results....


New car seat cover- if you live near me and happen to see this in person just don't look too closely :)


Rag quilt- first one I have made for myself and with cotton squares instead of flannel.



Car sear canopy- if I had planned ahead I probably would have made it to match the car seat cover, but both types of fabric were gone by the time I thought of it.



The oh so stylish and lovely "hooter-hider"

4 comments:

Leigh Way said...

you are so talented!It should make you feel better that during training meeting Andrew told us that you have the final say. AND I got on the site that saves the bracket and changed some of the really bad names because I couldn't handle it... the other teachers made fun of me but I didn't care..he wouldn't let me change the name Melvin to something else...sorry!

Brett and Rachel said...

WOW! I'm SERIOUSLY impressed with the carseat cover!

Pacers said...

The boys look so grown up! And your sewing skills are impressive!

Rebecs said...

Candace, the car seat cover, the hooter hider, the car seat canopy, wow! I am impressed and you claim to not sew. I love Ethan! That kid is all boy. Girls are cute but their imagination only spans dolls and kitchens, it's amazing what fantasies little boys come up with! Well done on the cake Raven. It's awesome!!