Soon after this little guy joined our family I offered up numerous prayers questioning how the average girl such as myself handles three (rather wildish) boys 4 years old and under with grace. Well.... I don't think that question was really answered directly, but I had the distinct feeling that we Hawsies were going to have to learn to take on more than we currently were. Little did I know that the fulfillment of that impression would come in waves. We are truly blessed, but I am not a terribly graceful swimmer symbolically (and literally) speaking. Since new waves seem to be rolling in daily most of my focus has been on swimming more gracefully. But, I have been trying really hard to surf the waves (which I wish I really could do) and not just let them roll over me.
In the spirit of that attempt to surf- with our sweet Westen being nearly five months old and almost no blog posts about him, here are the top five things I love about this guy joining and making waves in our house:
1. I wouldn't just call him a good baby, he is a truly happy kid.....ridiculously, simply happy
2. At only five months old, he obviously prefers and is totally excited to see me when I come home from work
3. He puts up with my forcing a pacifier on him....He would totally choose his thumb over it, but I refuse to deal with thumbsucking (mean I know)
4. He LOVES his brothers and they LOVE him back. His best grins are saved for Ethan and Hudson. They all think each of the others is hilarious.
5. When it's bedtime he goes to sleep- no crying, no whining, no fighting it and started that at least a month ago. He rubs his eyes, snuggles into his blanket, calms down and sleeps- Glory glory be!
4 comments:
Ive been wondering how you guys are doing!!! We need an update on whats going on now that Andrew is done with the MTC. New adventures, fun ones, are surely in store for you guys! You're amazing. It's so tough to be a mom sometimes, you sure do a great job!
You do swim gracefully...that is the truth. I was thinking about you the other day and how you are such a great mom... you just get those boys in line and move them around the church like it's nothing!! I know there are also 6 other days of the week...but on the 7th, you are perfect. And Ethan and Hudson...we sure can't get enough of them. Can't wait to see even more of Westen's personality come out!!
I can attest he really is the HAPPIEST baby around! I love his little smile! And your prayers must be working because you really do handle them so well. You are such a good mom and an exceptional boy mom at that!
i applud you-- i love your lil guys personalities. do u ever scream? or yell? I swear u always seem to have it together-- im jealous of your sweet lil baby boy-- goes right to sleep?? You deserve it! :)
Post a Comment