Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall Cooking

We decided we would like to cook/make some fun foods for Halloween

Andrew is obviously very happy about his caramel/chocolate/peanut apple creation


Here's the closeup of the beautiful creation

Mine wasn't quite as fancy - although is was pretty good.....honestly Andrew and I didn't really know what we were doing and the caramel actually ended up more like toffee, but it was good anyways


This was Ethan and I's first attempt at making cookies together - he really ended up just wanting to taste the batter and it was good!

Ethan's main job was to pour the measured ingredients into the bowl, but he was also pretty handy with the mixer. We made oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies, but as you can see the oats ended up more on the counter than in the bowl


I was crouching down to get this picture of Ethan at his level, but whenever I crouched down he did too


Another crouching tiger with oats and cookie batter all over his face!


Ethan could just barely see up to the countertop by standing on his tiptoes on the oat covered chair...but he was such a great cookie maker. We'll have to see if he can help with some Thanksgiving food creations!





No comments: