Friday, November 28, 2008

Shopping Anxiety

This has been Andrew's mantra for the past week.....right bike, right time, right now......as soon as the weather gets chilly, motorcycle prices go down and 'tis the season to obsess over motorcycles.
And 'tis the season for me to develop an ulcer.......I wonder is it possible that there is such a thing as shopping anxiety because if there is I have it......I don't really know where it comes from, but my heart seriously starts to race, I get sweaty palms, and I can't think straight when shopping (with the intent to buy.) Andrew says I am weird and that I am making it up - mainly because the clinical symptoms are most pronounced and heightened when looking at motorcycles to buy. But I also have severe anxiety over buying other things- especially things for myself- not as much for the boys. It is seriously a wonder that I have any clothes and shoes to wear. Actually I think Andrew bought most of those for me. I LOVE clothes and shoes and I spend a fair amount of time looking at them, but when it comes time to actually buy......hello stomach acid. So it is a double wonder that I went shopping today on Black Friday, looked at motorcycles with Andrew, and bought myself new clothes and shoes. I have a horrible headache and stomachache because of the sheer anxiety of it all. Good thing Shawna kinda made me go to Twilight or else I would have spent my evening returning stuff. The craziest thing is that Andrew is the exact opposite- shopping is his therapy.... I think he also gets sweaty palms, a racing heart, and can't think straight, but because of the rush he gets....where on earth did the two of us come from and what do you think becomes of two boys that grow up with both parents freaking out in any store for two completely different and opposite reasons?

4 comments:

Amy Jenks said...

I'd be freakin out if Jeff wanted a motorcycle too.
Would you send me an email so I can send you my address (I don't have your email address). It costs quite a bit for us to send and receive text. Oh, and would you include your address as well. Thanks
amyjenks@gmail.com

Brett and Rachel said...

Hehe, funny! I can't believe you braved the crowds to do some Black Friday shopping. I even MORE can't believe you are thinking of letting your hubby get a motorcycle! I'll start praying for him now. :)

Genny said...

Hey Candace, can you please send my your address and also Dave and Joani. Thanks. Hope you guys are doing well and have a good Christmas.

Genny said...

candace, I don't know if you got my last message, but I need your address and Dave and Joani's if you don't mind. Hope you guys are good. You can send it to my email if you want, jgtmyers@msn.com