Thursday, November 12, 2009

All Boys All the Time

I often find myself thinking I don't remember what Ethan was like at such and such an age or stage. So this post is mostly to remember what both little guys were like at their current stages....


First recent conversations with Ethan:
- Ethan recently started learning about the Anti-Nephi-Lehies. We explained to him that they made a promise to Heavenly Father that they wouldn't hurt other people anymore and to help them keep their promise they buried their weapons. The sword in the picture in particular caught his eye. His eyes got big and all he could say was, "But those swords are so cool, why the heck would they bury them?" I think he also then said "if they don't want them then I wish I could have them" (yes, he has picked up what/why the heck- I don't know where- I swear not from Andrew or I).


- Andrew has been talking about how much he has wanted the newer Tiger Woods Golf for our Wii. Of course if Andrew wants it- Ethan wants it. So at least once a day for a few days Ethan (and Andrew) would ask for the game. I finally asked him if he even knew what it was. He just shrugged his shoulders and then turned to Andrew and said "what's Tiger Woods?" Andrew told him it was a golf game. From then on I heard no less than three times a day, "so should we get Tiger Woods today- it's a golf game you know?"


- Most times after Ethan goes to the bathroom he comes out and says very nonchalantly, "so how's it going mom, good?"

- Every time I ask Ethan if he thinks he is going to have a baby brother or a baby sister he says , "a baby brother and baby sister, and the boy's name is Shock and he can beatbox." He loves this guy from The Electric Company show on PBS that can beatbox named Shock. Apparently he loves him enough to want to name his baby brother after him. Which is amazing because he has never even considered naming a baby brother Luke or Han.


- Ethan often asks for a hundred things at once. I can only get one at a time. While I am working on one he will say, "Mooommm you begot (forgot) something" and then list off everything else he wants that he thinks I have forgotten


Now for boys' top five favorites of the current stage (in no particular order).....

ETHAN: complete and utterly boy to the core

1."Battles"- bakugans, I have no clue what the things are or what they really do or anything, but he loves them
2. Swords, guns (still called "geeuywers"), lightsabers, sticks than can be used as swords and/or guns or lightsabers
3. The Electric Company and especially beatboxing- if you live near us you really should ask Ethan to beatbox for you sometime- it's quite the trick
4. Transformers- he knows an amazing amount for never having seen the movie or the show
5. Daddy- he is daddy and daddy is him- it's like I have two Andrews in our house
5 and a half.- The Christmas toy catalogs from Target, Walmart and Fisher-Price- he made me keep them and he looks at them no less than 10 times a day. Each time he looks he still has the enthusiasm as if it were the first time he ever looked at them.


HUDSON: cutest kid I have ever seen, but seriously stubborn

1. Water- that is what he calls it, but he really means anything but water. He is usually meaning chocolate milk when he asks for water, but it could also mean juice, soda, milk, pretty much any liquid but water. Just like his mommy- he doesn't like water a bit.
2. Anything Ethan has- anything Ethan has he wants and thinks is the coolest thing ever. Period.
3. Monkey George- the first words out of his mouth when he wakes up are "George?" and when we turn the TV on, "George?"
4. Sneaking up on Ethan- he kind of mixes up "sneak" and "snake" so he crouches and hisses at the same time as he tries to sneak up on Ethan.
5. Doo-doo's and Caw-caw's- it's not what you may be thinking though. Doo-doo's= songs and Caw-caw's= birds. He yells out both words several times a day which draws some attention when we are in public.

No comments: