Sunday, November 1, 2009

Stormpapers and Such

So I admit I was kind of a lame Halloween mom this year. I made a token effort though- I made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast complete with chocolate chip smiles. Andrew was at a career fair for most of the morning and afternoon so that's when we finally got pumpkins. I didn't really have any clever ideas on carving them so Andrew went in search of templates- how did I not expect this with Andrew and Ethan in charge?


In case it's unclear how dorky we really are- our family of pumpkins include Darth Vader, a Tie fighter, Yoda, and the Rebel Insignia......if you don't know what some of those are- don't worry- it just means that you're not as dorky as we are.



This was Andrew's Halloween crowning achievement.....I think he spent about an hour or an hour and a half working on it and then who knows how long trying to get the perfect picture of it.

Surprisingly enough Ethan kept saying he wanted to be "Ment in Black" (Will Smith from Men in Black- he saw part of it recently and is fascinated), but I kind of laid the smackdown on that idea. Luckily it didn't take much convincing to switch to a "Stormpaper" -he can't say stormtrooper. I think technically he's a Clone trooper, but Ethan doesn't want anything to do with anything from a Star Wars that doesn't include Luke, Leia, Han, Jabba, Boba, Chewie, C3Po, or R2D2. He doesn't really care for the ones with "Anakin Luke"- he can't even call Anakin by his name it has to have Luke affiliated with it.


The sanest, calmest picture we could get as we were heading to the "Trunk or Treat"


Cutest penguin I have ever seen!

1 comment:

Brett and Rachel said...

Ok, I do have to admit the Darth Vadar is very impressive.
CONGRATS on your newest bundle of joy! So excited for you guys! I can't believe you're going to be a mom of 3! WOW!