Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Childproofing and Coughing
I know that when you have a child you're supposed to "childproof" your house- which Andrew and I did. But, can you really childproof a house? Case in point. Thiw morning while I was in the bathroom Ethan pushed a kitchen chair to the counter where a new box of toothpaste was sitting. Somehow in the 5 minutes I was in the bathroom he managed to open the box, pull the toothpaste out, squeeze it as hard as he could and then smear it all over the TV screen, then on his face, then on the coffee table, and lastly on the carpet. I have to admit I was pretty upset so really, how could childproofing really helped there? Anyways, we took Hudson to the doctor yesterday because he has had this cough since almost right after he was born. Every time I take him in his oxygen levels are good and his lungs sound clear so they think it's reflux. So we started giving him Zantac, but the cough has stayed around. So they had a chest x-ray done- it was so sad for him. They put them in this little plastic tube thing with their hands held out the top it almost broke my heart to make him stay in there, but I guess he has bronchiolitis. Yet they still think he has reflux and we have to go in for an upper GI exam tomorrow. I feel so bad for the little guy. It seems he has been sick since we brought him home :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Candace,
I'm so glad you found our blog, now we can stay connected without a semi-yearly (or longer) visit. I can't believe you even have energy left after a new baby and move to keep up with Ethan. You are right, he sure is a happy kid. Hope the toothpaste came off the TV alright. This is the website I got from a friend when I asked her how to make her blog page so nice.
http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/
Its very articulate. If this doesn't help, let me know and I'd love to help more. I got my black and white stuff from a digital scrapbook program called Memory Mixer. It's a great way to keep memories preserved in a nice way. Hope all is good in the Haws Home!
Wow, what a mess Ethan made with the toothpaste! I'm waiting for the day Gavin does something like that! Poor Hudson, I hope he gets feeling better soon. IT's not fun to have sick kids, and it is so sad to see them hurt.
I hope they can figure out what's wrong with your little one! I hope he starts getting better!
fyi I'm married to Loren Ross - Andrew's old roommate.
Post a Comment