Tomorrow is Ethan's 2nd birthday. Sometimes I can't believe Ethan has already been a part of our family for 2 years now, but then other times I can't imagine that he ever wasn't here with Andrew and I. So here's what Ethan is up to at 2......
- yesterday while I was nursing Hudson he got into our spice cabinet and poured out an entire box of salt (Andrew promptly put on the childlocks after that)
- while we were eating dinner Ethan ran off and was quiet for a couple seconds, by the time we found him he had squeezed out about 1/4 of a tube of diaper cream and was about to smear it all over his face
- during sacrament meeting today he was playing with his Cars 'Mater' truck and somehow he figured out how to turn it on and it started saying "well daggone!" as Andrew was conducting the meeting (I thought he didn't know how to turn it on - but that's what I get for underestimating a 2 year old)
- yesterday he figured out how to push a kitchen chair over to his highchair, climb onto the tray and slide his way into the seat and dance like the lord of the dance on it
- every truck that he sees is a garbage truck pronounced "barbage duck"
- he has given up the bottle except for at nap and bed time, but still calls his cup a bottle
- Mia and Halia are his best friends
- every morning when we wake up he goes through the list of things he thinks we should be doing that day, it goes something like this " Lela's house?...."Mia's house?"...."Grandma/Grandpa?"...."Nursery?"
( I just have to add this in because to me it is totally funny- Andrew just picked Hudson up as he was waking up from a nap and noticed that he needed a diaper change. This is Andrew's first diaper change for Hudson. But when he pulled off his pants he realized it was a total blow out and has gone up his back and down his leg. So right now Ethan is just sitting next to Andrew saying "poo poo yucky" and Andrew is too stunned to know what to do......I know it shouldn't really be funny, but Andrew has dodged changing his diaper for 7+ weeks now and here the first one is a total mess!)
So back to Ethan...
- Ethan gets so excited about going to any of those from his list above that he jumps and can't stop talking about it until we are out the door
- his favorites are: cars, trucks, boats, trains, "nandy" (candy), and pancakes
- he can just barely hold up two fingers to show that he is now 2
- his favorite shows are Dora, Diego, Cars, Surf's Up and this Little People movie that came with a toy he got
So there's a short rundown on our wild little guy... he truly has more energy than any other 2 year old I have seen and a bit of a mischievios streak to boot, but even with all the mischief he gets in he almost always is happy and excited which compensates for me having to vacuum up a huge mountain of salt or be completely exhausted by the end of the day
2 comments:
Oh it sounds all to familiar!! Little boys are a lot of work but it worth it when out of the blue is a, "I love you mommy"
LOL!!! I am in the same boat as you! Joshua is always getting into everything and I can never EVER let him out of my sight! He is getting in the markers coloring on himself, getting in the dirt and throwing it on his head, throwing toys (one of his favorite things to do) and so forth... I sometimes think I am going insane!!! But as sit down and think about it... Jake did the same thing.. you just forget! :0 I think that is why you keep having children...
Post a Comment