I think anyone that knows me somewhat knows that I pretty much am complete randomness - mostly. I am way uptight about a few things (no need to discuss those), but I have never really mastered the ability to control the direction or organize my thoughts.
I think while at the gym on the elliptical today I thought about my shoes which made me think how my calves hurt which made me think about baby calves and how Ethan calls them "baby moos" and Digo the dog whose real name is Digo Poopoop which made me laugh (outloud- embarassing when you have earphones on and everyone else is all intent on their workouts) which made me think about how I fell off the step in step class Monday morning (I went back to my shoes at some point) and how the other women were like "woohoo feel the burn" or something like that while I was thinking "woohoo I burned my leg while sliding across the floor." Anways so that is just a sampling of my randomness which leads me to get to some point ummm.....oh yeah so I need to blog about our trip to Beaver/Minersville......
You could ask me and several people have where is Beaver or Minersville? I would say I don't know - it's somewhere south of here in Utah. I really have no sense of direction and couldn't tell you which mountain is which around here so just know they are some smallish towns southish of Pleasant Grove. We went to go to Andrew's family reunion. We experienced several firsts on this trip- both Ethan and I. Ethan and I got our first 4-wheeler rides (okay I went on Kameron Lyman's 4-wheeler for about 5 minutes a few months back, but was more afraid than I wanted to let on and gave some excuse to get off as soon as possible)- Ethan loved it more than I thouht and more than perhaps I like. I gave Andrew a stern warning that if he ever wanted me to be okay with him buying one by chance someday that he better take it easy- so it was fun.....Andrew only tried to catch air once and I only thought I was going to die once.

Ethan and I also got our first horseback rides......I seriously have not done many adventurous things in my life so far so this really and truly was the first time I had ever sat on the back of a horse. Ethan again absolutely loved it. I was completely embarrassed. I stood in a line of about 15 little kids to wait my turn to sit on the back of Uncle Duke's horse while he led the horse up and back the driveway for about 2 minutes and then had almost all of Andrew's cousins comment in the house about it and kinda chuckle that I was the only adult who did. But chalk it up to firsts, right?!
Old picture of Ethan and I at Farm Country
I also went on my first fishing trip with Andrew which would have been great except Andrew and I never do things quite normally.....our fishing trip was at about 10 at night with his dad. We had his Uncle Jed drop us off at this reservoir out by some rodeo grounds, but it was completely dark by that time. I couldn't see a single thing I was doing (I had been fishing once before with Andrew in Idaho, but I still don't know what the heck I am supposed to do). Dave (Andrew's dad) told Jed to come back for us in about in hour to which Jed just kinda laughed and said "oh you'll have scared yourselves enough in 30 minutes to be ready for me to come pick you up," and then he left.........I think it was like 2 minutes before I hear this sound like little kids screaming.......at first it was kind of far away, but you could hear them getting closer and closer and then it sounds like they seriously are like right behind us. I try not to be freaked out, but then it's a pretty eery sound. Dave suggests it might just be a wounded deer being chased by a bobcat or a wounded rabbit being chased by a coyote. That was all it took for me to be done fishing. Andrew and Dave were a little ways up from me on the bank of the reservoir so I jumped at like every sound and tell Andrew in no uncertain terms that I don't want to be there anymore. Obviously we made it back in one piece, but I was pretty convinced that the wide open spaces are not the life for me. (We didn't catch anything that night, but Andrew went the next morning and reeled in 3 fish)
The bobcat that was stalking a deer (and us)

I think this is the type of fish Andrew caught, but I don't really know
We had a really fun time though even if I am a total "city kid." (I still don't completely understand why Andrew and his cousin laughed so hard when they mentioned going skeet(?) shooting and I asked if that was like what you did on the old Nintendo game of Duck Hunt) I got to meet a bunch of Andrew's cousins and aunts, uncles, etc. I don't think I could really remember all the names and who belongs to who for certain though. Ethan got to play with "pakah" (grandpa) and "gama" (grandma) and we all got to eat lots of really good food. They even had a little pirate party for the little kids on Saturday where Ethan ran around saying "aargh" and jumped off a 4 foot retaining wall. The kid jumps off everything - no fear. Of course we did not remember our camera (we didn't even decide we were certainly going until Thursday afternoon and left Thursday night). Hudson was the dream baby he pretty much always is- I feel bad because he is such a sweet little guy, but doesn't do much just yet so there isn't a ton to write about him. I swear I have no favorites between the boys- really, but there really isn't much to write about Hudson just yet and heaven knows Ethan is nonstop....but Hudson really is just a sweet little guy.
6 comments:
What a scary story! I would have been scared out of my mind! I'm glad you got to do those firsts - those are some of my favorite things that I haven't been able to do for quite some time. It sounds like you guys had a really good time. :)
Tell Andrew that my brother (Elder Lacey) went into the MTC today. He's tall, blonde, and thin. (who would guess?) If he sees him he should say hi - he'll be there for 6 or 8 weeks learning Spanish to go to Guadalajara, Mexico.
Candy! I'm calling you tomorrow to hear the full story. I can't imagine going fishing with Andrew and Dad in the dark - it just sounds like a bad idea. :) I'm glad you got to ride the horse. I haven't really been a horse too many times myself, so rest assured that I would been in line right behind you!
Well, I've never been a horse in my life - that was supposed to read "been on a horse...." heeheehee
Candace you are absolutely hilarious! Loved reading your fun post. Skeet shooting is shooting clay pigeons, don't let Andrew fool you. I'm glad you are all back in one piece and that you had so many first adventures.
The picture of the bobcat is so funny! It looks like it is jumping right out at you! I probably would have cried if I were you!
I'm proud of you for riding a horse.My family owns 9 horses and yet. . . I am still deathly terrified of them. My dad says,"they are just big dogs" I say, "they are free spirits who can tell that I'm afraid." looks like you guys have been having a fun summer! mandi
Post a Comment