2. Ethan became more like me
3. Hudson became more like Ethan
Okay so 1. My sisters and I always reminisce (cringe) about how when we were younger my mom didn't really ever yell at us, but we knew we were in trouble if she gave us the "crazy eyes." It was this unmistakable look of where her eyes would shake impossibly fast and she looked as if she might explode right in front of us - truly truly the best tool of discipline she had....Once we got that look from her we were afraid to find out what really might happen if we pushed her any further......I have never been able to recreate the crazy eyes voluntarily (if you ever see it it really doesn't seem human), but Ethan had been refusing to go to bed, I have been waking up early to go to the gym, and Hudson has not been sleeping well so the other night I reached the end of my patience with crying and refusing to go to bed and realized I had the crazy eyes going! I had become my mom! Welcome to a whole new wave of discipline in the Haws family!
Okay so 2. Anyone who knows Ethan and Andrew knows that Ethan really is a mini-Andrew.....they both love that they are so much alike. (See pictures below- note how in almost every picture their expressions are almost exactly the same) and sometimes when I am at home with Ethan during the day- I see stuff he does and can just picture Andrew being exactly like that when he was 2....But Ethan does have a little of me in him-sadly enough though it has to do with the crazy eyes. The main reason I think I discovered being like my mom is because I was so tired.....being tired makes me angry- I don't understand it, you can call it grumpy, but really I just genuinely feel angry inside.....I have been going to the gym at 5:30 recently which has meant not much sleep and I have discovered if Ethan doesn't get enough sleep he also has the rage. Yesterday he woke up from a not-long-enough nap and just threw blocks at me until he could lay down again then he woke up and was an angel child. Andrew says that feels the same anger when he is hungry- once he eats he is just fine again.....So I guess watch out for Andrew on fast Sunday, watch out for me early in the day before I have had a nap, and watch out for Ethan for both.
3. Lastly, but definitely not leastly.....Hudson has started being really mobile. He can't crawl yet (he wants to soooo badly), but can still get pretty much wherever he wants and get into whatever he wants. I have seen how he does it, but I definitely couldn't do it myself somehow he pushes with his toes and pulls with his arms....it looks really tiring, but he has a smile on his face the whole time. He started pushing up on his knees and rocking back and forth so it's only a short time before he crawls......which reminds me of Ethan. Now that Hudson knows he can move around there is no stopping him. I can barely get him to stay on his back to change his diaper, when I hold him he is constantly kicking his arms, turning around, trying to wiggle out of my arms, or reaching and pulling stuff down and Hudson always laughs the hardest when he watches Ethan's antics. In the pictures below he had found Ethan's coloring pages and pulled them all out and was rolling on them and laughing........oh what a wild, busy world the Haws household is going to be!
2 comments:
Hudson is getting so big! He's so cute (handsome) and has the best smile! It's fun to be able to know what you all are up to even though we're SO far away!
No WAY!!! You can do the crazy eyes?! I'm not sure if I scared, jealous, or impressed. I've tried to describe it to Charles and I'm sure he doesn't get it. Words cannot describe the crazy eyes. You have gained a powerful tool!
Post a Comment