{Hootz}
He opposed Ethan in getting to his beloved candy-filled Easter eggs last year. After that incident it took us atleast a couple weeks to get him over that fear, but Ethan conquered that foe......only to find his next villain.....
{The Ghostlight}
Now this one lasted longer and had Ethan insisting on sleeping with the light on for months. The ghostlight proved to be a little helpful though. Last summer Ethan didn't want to come inside after playing outside for a while in the evening. But as soon as it got even remotely dark he would run for the door for fear that the ghostlight would come in the darkness. But eventually he conquered this foe as well......until
{Darth Vader}
Darth Vader had a short run as a villain unfortunately as little Jedi Ethan decided anytime he wanted to be naughty he would embrace the dark side of the force and pretend to be Darth Vader. So whenever Ethan wants to be the good hero (which is most of the time) he is Luke Skywalker, but he keeps in reserve anytime he gets a mischevious streak the Darth Vader card....so maybe not quite a strong villain in our Haws world, but now there is a new villain in town......

{Flash the Fox}
Who knew? Ethan had overcome many villains so far, but Flash apparently holds the key to frighten Ethan. He spent almost the entire night at the game last night hiding from said fox. He saw Flash spray some people with silly string and from then on Ethan decided that he could not possibly be a good or nice fox. I have seriously never seen Ethan that scared before. He kept saying "I want to go home, I want to go home." I guess silly string turns out to be the real villain, but Ethan was also afraid that the fox would follow us home and get him with silly string at home. So we had to reassure him several times that Flash did not know where he lived and would definitely not be at our house. We'll see how long this villain lasts.......
1 comment:
Hey Andy and Candi,
I've been looking at your blog for awhile. Love how you write. Very whitty and entertaining!! Good luck with the Silly String fox!!
(3 years olds are so funny!)
Take care,
Darcy (Deck) Hughes
BTW, Candi, if you dont' remember me, I met you a few times right around the time you guys got married. I'm the blonde who doesn't shut up :)
Post a Comment