-To Innnty and Beyond: "to infinity and beyond," Ethan can't quite say infinity so this is the way it comes out, it is usually shouted while dressed up in his Buzz Lightyear costume (he practically lives in it) right before jumping off of something rather high
-Ghostfight: refers to the ghostlight from the short on the Cars movie "Mater and the Ghostlight" Ethan saw the little short movie a few times and is now terrified of it and if it is remotely dark in any way he will shake and say "the ghostfight," "Mater scared of ghostfight" in a hushed whisper for fear the ghostlight might actually hear him. It's sad but threat of the ghostfight has been used to get Ethan to do things we want him to do. For example, we want him to come inside in the evening after playing outside for awhile...if he resists Andrew says "oh no it's getting dark Ethan, watch out for the ghostfight!" That's all it takes for him to run as fast as he can for the door!
-I am not happy!: yelled at me whenever I have finally made the ante high enough that he will give in and do what I have asked him to do. For example, today at the grocery store we got a cart that has a car thing in the front that he can sit in and pretend like he is driving while we shop. Except that he was not interested in pretending to drive, he instead wanted to climb on top of the car and jump and yell like a monkey at the other shoppers. So I nicely asked him a couple times to get down. He ignored them. I not as nicely asked him to get down a couple times. He ignored again. I then told him if he didn't get down I would put him in the cart part with Hudson. He climbed into the car part and yelled "I am not happy!"
- Are you happy mama?: Asked when he has done something particularly naughty and knows that I am not happy about it. For example, he grabbed a toy out of Hudson's hand and ran off and hid in his room. I asked him to give it back so he threw it back at Hudson. I told him it wasn't nice to throw things at Hudson, set him in time-out, and gave him my sternest look.....to which he turns on the sweet, innocent act and asks "are you happy mama?"
-Two!: In his world everything is two, I ask him if he wants an apple and he says, "no two apples," I ask him if he wants a few skittles and he says, "no two skittles," I ask him if how old he will be next year and he says "two twos!"
- No, I'm a big boy!: Often times I will say things like "you're silly Ethan," or "you're funny," etc., but everytime he corrects me by saying angrily, "no I'm a big boy!" To which I may say "oh, then you're a silly big boy," but even that is not okay because then he says even more angrily "no I am not, I am just big boy!" The thing that gets him the most angry though is when someone tells him he is cute.....watch out! Then his entire face scrunches up, he sneers through his eyes and says in no uncertain terms, "I not cute, I'm a big boy!"
-Snotrod, DJ, Weeno, and Ghostfight Amone: All cars from the Cars movie; DJ, Snotrod, and Wingo all came with a toy his grandma gave him and he has a Ramone that is blue like in the Mater and the ghostlight short. He has a certain reverence for the Ramone though- I think because he thinks it is actually somehow connected to his fear of the ghostlight. Sadly we lost snotrod somewhere and not he asks me everyday where his snotrod is....
-Slow ride, take it easy: I guess we played Guitar Hero around him one too many times and now he sings this song all the time while pretending just about anything is his guitar.....he won't let you sing any other song either. Andrew or I may start singing some other song and he will instantly get a bothered look on his face and tell us "no slow ride take it easy"...recently though it has morphed into "slow ride, take it easy, zippideedoodah." Leela started singing zippideedoodah at our house and he liked it so he combined the two.
So if ever you want to be friends with Ethan just remember, he's a big boy-nothing else, the only song in the world is Slow Ride, Take it Easy, and try not to mention the ghostlight and all will be well!
No comments:
Post a Comment