Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Day In The Life of Ethan and Hudson

So here is a glimpse into a day in the life of Ethan and Hudson. Well, maybe just the morning- actually only until about 11 am, but I really enjoy the ages that they are at right now and don't want to forget what they were like at this age....I have a really horrible memory so I am afraid I will forget what it was really like to have these two little guys as they are now. So Hudson first because he is a lot easier.....he is such a good sleeper so he slept until about 9 then woke up fussing a little. As soon as I picked him up and talked to him he got a giant grin on his face. He looks so serious in the picture below, but that's not his usual temperament. We sometimes call him our little sunshine guy because you can always get a smile from him so easily and he is pretty much always happy. There may have been quite a few coughs - he is still coughing, the latest from yesterday's doctor appointment is that it's maybe an upper respiratory infection. Then he watched Ethan and I make and eat some pancakes, got a little milk himself, played with this little dino toy Nichole and Brandon gave us. Got dressed then laid down for a nap in his swing.


Okay now for Ethan.... He woke me up by opening one of Andrew's dresser drawers. By the time I was out of bed he had pulled every thing out of the drawer and had climbed in so that he could reach a picture on top of the dresser. Then he wanted to watch Cars.... he's particularly fascinated with the Ratatouille preview at the beginning where he says "let it go dad!" and repeats that a few times while laughing as I make pancakes. But, before pancakes are ready he realizes that he has lost his bottle. But not only is he missing one bottle, but two. Lately he has to have two bottles at all times - one has a picture of a cow on it and the other has a picture of whales they are named "moo bottle" and "fishy bottle" and are critical to his good mood. So we searched until we found one under the couch and another on his bed. Then he decided he also wanted a cup of milk so we had to search out where he hid his "Bob" cup. It is so named because it has trucks all over it and it reminds him of Bob the Builder. After getting both bottles and cup we sit down for pancakes and it is important to him that I also sit with him and have the same thing he is having. After that we get dressed and vacuum together - but Ethan covers his ears the whole time....except when he wants to do the vacuuming then only one ear is covered while the other takes care of vacuuming. The next item of business is jumping off the coffee table. He picked it up some time ago and now he tries to get away with it as much as possible. But he doesn't just jump off - it's like full blown throwing himself off as if he could fly. When I told him we weren't going to do that he runs to the kitchen table and points to it and says "dance? uh uhuh?" That means that he is asking if he can dance on the table, also another thing he picked up a while back. When I tell him that we probably shouldn't do that either it goes to "outside? Lela's house, Gaga (Grandma) house, Mia's house?" Okay so you get the picture, but that is just a glimpse into the lives of our favorite little guys. We love them so much and are worth everything we do for them. I am always so torn because I don't want them to grow up, but can't wait to see Hudson play with Ethan and Ethan to play soccer and sports and see what they are like as older boys. But for now I am just happy to have them as they are!


4 comments:

Amy Jenks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Jenks said...

It sounds like things are going really well!! They are growing so much! I love the picture of you with the two boys down below.

Amy Jenks said...

If you're wondering what got deleted, for some reason it posted the same comment twice...weird!

Megan said...

You have a very exciting day!! I can't imagine two kiddies. I watched my nieces and nephews the other day...I tell you, it's a lot of work!! You're a good mom. :)