Monday, March 31, 2008

Music Suggestions?

Is it weird to want to go to my own blog or other musical blogs when I am on the computer just to listen to the music ? I use to have a shuffle, but it met an unfortunate end when it got left in my workout pants and then took a ride in the washer. There was a guy in our ward that actually repaired ipod stuff, but he said my poor little shuffle didn't have a chance. So now I listen to my blog.....but I guess that's almost better because it probably wouldn't be too good if I spent my day with earphones on while Ethan ran around, plus now he knows we have the Cars song on here and constantly asks to hear "the Cars mama (or Candace he uses mama and Candace interchangeably these days)" I use be into music more - Charee always knew about the best bands and we used to spend hours listening to all kinds of music while working in the bindery together. Listening to Gorillaz and Jamiroquai will always remind me of working there. My old roomie Jerry was in love with Jimmy Eat World long before they were on the radio and we once snuck into a club in San Diego to see Save Ferris. (Jerry and I were like 2 weeks away from 21, but it was a 21+ night since it was a party for the unveiling of Red Stripe beer that Save Ferris was playing for) A couple of years ago Andrew and I went to a Jack Johnson concert and I think I also went to Coldplay with him. The best though was before we had Ethan we got to see Jackson Browne with Andrew's old roommates and families on this lagoon in San Diego. (Andrew's roommates' neighbor was throwing a birthday party for his wife and had Jackson Browne come and play on the beach for this party) But it has been a long time since those days and now my music selection is highlighted by Dora the Explorer, Cars, Diego and the Wonderpets- I can sing pretty much any song from any of those shows.........okay so it took me forever to get to this point, but what/who are some favorites of everyone else? Concerts? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

right now I'm most into the Shins ( try the song "Australia"
), Shiny Toy Guns ("You are the One"), and Mika ("Grace Kelly"). As far as concerts go some of the best ones are ska (if you like that sort of thing) because people actually dance when they go (instead of a mosh pit or singing along) and they actually play rad intruments like trumpets. I'll try and set a new playlist on my blog, Charles has been dominating it so far

Megan said...

Oh, the woes of kids!! I used to be very into music as well and my best friend and I would listen to music CONSTANTLY...Right now I'm liking American Hi-Fi and The Ataris when Justin isn't home. He doesn't appreciate my taste in music much. ;)

Megan said...

And Plain White T's...That's who I was trying to think of.

Mandi said...

Blake and LOVE Jack Johnson. We also like Benton Paul and Aqualung. Although, we don't even have kids yet. . . and I swear life is too busy to keep up on all the new stuff.

Brandon said...

Hi, my name is Brandon Haws. I am from Corpus Christi, TX. There are not to many of us Haws's out there. Just curious if there was any relation somehow. Hit me back at blh11@yahoo.com if you would like to chat.